Who are #teampossible?
We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability.
Why should I join #teampossible?
- Attractive remuneration with salary packaging ($15,900 tax free benefit) + further benefits
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development
- Exciting and diverse career opportunities
- Permanent, part-time and casual opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- We offer a range of roster arrangements with ability to take on additional shifts
- Corporate health insurance plans, and discounts with our corporate partners
- Values based organisation focusing on our people and customers
As the Home Site Supervisor, based at Coopers Plains your purpose is to provide supervision to Support Workers located within the residence and provide direct hands on support to customers.
In this permanent full time role, you will ensure the completion of applicable administration tasks whilst ensuring the quality of service for all customers. This will enable our customers’ independent living in alignment with individual plans and the service offerings of the Home portfolio (operating 24 hours per day, 7 days per week).
Duties will include:
- Hybrid role involving administration/supervision and support hours
- Supervise a small team and site operational activities, including customer service delivery, site safety, customer care and safeguarding, employees rostering and time sheets, site inventory
- Roster will be Monday- Friday however may be required to cover sleepover or weekend shifts when needed
- Conflict mitigation and management where required
- Support financial performance of the Home service site through effective management of operating expenditure in line with budget
- Provide support to customers aligned to their personal plans, goals and any other requirements, including but not limited to all aspects of personal hygiene and living skills to ensure a safe and comfortable living environment is provided
- Ensure team member awareness of individual customer requirements
- Deliver and encourage others in the accurate documentation of all activities to ensure an accurate audit trail and maintenance of progress notes
- Perform direct care duties for customers as specified in their individual care plan including but not limited to showering/bathing/toileting/dressing/grooming
- Preparing meals and assisting individual customers to eat their meals
- Medication Management and Behaviour Support
- Providing customers with additional support where required, such as diabetes management (where appropriate training has been provided)
- Assist with customer’s physical and mobility requirements in accordance with training provided and the relevant workplace health and safety standard, including transferring of customers
All about you:
- Previous experience supervising a team; problem solving and managing conflict where required
- Experience in the Disability sector
- Ability to supervise the site operations and deliver services aligned with organisational policies and procedures
- Apply initiative and judgement in planning and organising work, escalating as required
- Desire to recognise, respect and uphold the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of individuals in all aspects of their lives and in accordance with legislation
- Respond positively and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Coordinate delegated activities to meet outcomes within required timeframes
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to grow relationships with team members and stakeholders and deal with issues of a sensitive nature
- Problem solving skills, to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach
- Certificate III in Disability and/or Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable
Prior to commencement with Endeavour we require:
- Current Blue and (Yellow Card OR NDIS Worker Screening check)
- First Aid and CPR prior to start
- Happy to undertake a Fit 2 Work Police Check prior to start
- Experience working with people with a disability
- Open License with reliable vehicle and comprehensive insurance coverage.
How can I join #team possible?
You can register your interest in joining Endeavour Foundation by simply clicking ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be guided through a short application form.
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people to be heard and seek justice. Everyone within our community is expected to act in a way that protects and supports the human rights of people with disability - this is our highest priority. Click here for more information