We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability. We call ourselves #teampossible!
Endeavour Foundation supports people with disability to live, learn, work and flourish according to their own interests and priorities. Our 5,000 strong team operates over 300 sites in the heart of local communities across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria where we offer choice, opportunities and personalised support in the key areas of home, work, learning and community participation. While we have been around for over 65 years, we understand the importance of continuing to imagine what’s possible and look to inspire our customers and our people to re-define the possibilities. We are passionate and committed to securing high performing team members who will embrace and drive our purpose and values forward.
We are currently recruiting a Behaviour Support Advisor to join our team based at Cannon Hill on a full time permanent basis. As an expert in Positive behaviour Support, you will provide insights and advice into the quality, appropriateness and benefits of our customer’s Positive Behaviour Support Plans and interventions. This will include:
- Utilise a range of approaches, resources, tools to provide expert opinion and be responsive to unique situations in order to inform problem solving and creative solutions to address individual needs
- Provide targeted individual positive behaviour support that complements organisational PBS approaches, in partnership with key staff, families and other stakeholders
- Develop, deliver and monitor interventions and strategies for the management of behaviours exhibited by people with disability
- Work within the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission requirements, the NDIA terms of business and any State Based Restricted Practice Authorization requirements
- Provide training and support to customers, guardians and other relevant stakeholders in therapeutic interventions, behaviour support plans, restricted practices, risk and safety plans
- Act as a liaison for federal and state legislators to maintain strong relationships and appropriate compliance
- Report on Complex Behaviour and Restrictive Practice activity within the organisation
All about you:
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health professions such as Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or equivalent experience that meets the requirements of the NDIS Capability Framework
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Positive Behaviour Specialist
- Registration with AHPRA or relevant professional body will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of behaviour support services to individuals with disabilities who display complex support needs
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (Restrictive Practices and Behaviour Support) Rules 2018
- Previous experience within Disability, Human Services, Community, Health and/or Aged Care sector/s
What we offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging and novated leasing options
- Corporate health insurance plans, and discounts with our corporate partners
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Onsite cafe
- Onsite secure car park options
How you can join #team possible:
Please include a written statement, outlining your suitability (including examples), and why you are interested in this role. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, highlighting your transferable skills and experience including what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.
Before commencing with Endeavour Foundation you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card) and Working with Children Check (Blue card).
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people to be heard and seek justice. Everyone within our community is expected to act in a way that protects and supports the human rights of people with disability - this is our highest priority. Click here for more information.