We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability. We call ourselves #teampossible!
Endeavour Foundation supports people with disability to live, learn, work and flourish according to their own interests and priorities. Our 5,000 strong team operates over 300 sites in the heart of local communities across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria where we offer choice, opportunities and personalised support in the key areas of home, work, learning and community participation. While we have been around for over 65 years, we understand the importance of continuing to imagine what’s possible and look to inspire our customers and our people to re-define the possibilities. We are passionate and committed to securing high performing team members who will embrace and drive our purpose and values forward.
As the Home Site Supervisor (Corinda), your purpose is to provide supervision to Support Workers located within the residence(s) and provide direct hands on support to customers. This position will ensure the completion of applicable administration tasks whilst ensuring the quality of service for all customers. This will enable our customers’ independent living in alignment with individual plans and the service offerings of the Home portfolio (operating 24 hours per day, 7 days per week). Duties will include:
- Supervise site operational activities, including customer service delivery, site safety, customer care and safeguarding, employees rostering and timesheets, site inventory and issue management
- Support financial performance of the Home service site through effective management of operating expenditure in line with budget
- Provide support to customers aligned to their personal plans, goals and any other requirements, including but not limited to all aspects of personal hygiene and living skills to ensure a safe and comfortable living environment is provided
- Supervision of a small team on a rotating roster to maintain effective site operations and resolve issues
- Ensure team member awareness of individual customer requirements
- Deliver and encourage others in the accurate documentation of all activities to ensure an accurate audit trail and maintenance of progress notes
- Perform direct care duties for customers as specified in their individual care plan including (but not limited to); o Showering/bathing/toileting/dressing/grooming
- Preparing meals and assisting individual customers to eat their meals
- Medication Management and Behaviour Support
- Providing customers with additional support where required, such as diabetes management (where appropriate training has been provided)
- Assist with customer’s physical and mobility requirements in accordance with training provided and the relevant workplace health and safety standard, including transferring of customers
All about you:
- Demonstrated understanding of disability services provision and NDIS or the ability to develop
- Ability to supervise the site operations and deliver services aligned with organisational policies and procedures
- Ability to apply initiative and judgement in planning and organising work, escalating as required
- Desire to recognise, respect and uphold the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of individuals in all aspects of their lives and in accordance with legislation
- Ability to respond positively and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to manage conflict whilst remaining calm and alert
- Ability to coordinate delegated activities to meet outcomes within required timeframes
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to grow relationships with team members and stakeholders and deal with issues of a sensitive nature
- Problem solving skills, to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach
- Possession of a current driver’s licence, reliable motor vehicle and comprehensive insurance
- Certificate III in Disability and/or Certificate III in Individual Support is desirable
What we offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging and novated leasing options
- Corporate health insurance plans, and discounts with our corporate partners
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Arrange of different roster arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Onsite secure car park options
How you can join #team possible:
Please include a written statement, outlining your suitability (including examples), and why you are interested in this role. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, highlighting your transferable skills and experience including what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.
Before commencing with Endeavour Foundation you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card) and Working with Children Check (Blue card).
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people to be heard and seek justice. Everyone within our community is expected to act in a way that protects and supports the human rights of people with disability - this is our highest priority. Click here for more information.