We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability.
About the role:
Endeavour Foundation's business services are looking to secure an experienced Production Team Lead in Portsmith, Cairns. Our Production Team Lead plays an essential role in supervising and supporting the work of people with a disability.
As a Production Team Lead, you will take a person centred approach, demonstrating empathy and patience while balancing the need to meet commercial outcomes. Additionally, you will be proactive in regards to safety, have a high attention to detail, leadership skills and excellent time management.
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Supervise supported employees while understanding and developing individual capabilities
- Motivate and encourage supported employees
- Liaise with management to ensure outcomes and deadlines are met
- Oversee product quality
- Engage in the manufacture process ensuring appropriate set up, production and shut down of equipment
- Apply quality controls during the manufacturing process to ensure production and quality are in-line with the customer requirements
- Identify and rectify minor machine/equipment and machine faults, and escalate major faults for repair
- Manufacturing/production background
- Excellent communicator and enthusiastic
- Experience leading a small production team
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Forklift ticket and HR Truck license mandatory
- An ability to solve problems using a logical and systematic approach
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to ensure clear and concise information is presented to the team
- A genuine commitment to the purpose and values of the organisation, demonstrating an ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Blue card and yellow card required prior to start
- First aid and CPR required
- Happy to undertake a police check prior to start
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people to be heard and seek justice. Everyone within our community is expected to act in a way that protects and supports the human rights of people with disability - this is our highest priority. Click here for more information.