We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability. We call ourselves #teampossible!
Endeavour Foundation supports people with disability to live, learn, work and flourish according to their own interests and priorities. Our 5,000 strong team operates over 300 sites in the heart of local communities across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria where we offer choice, opportunities and personalised support in the key areas of home, work, learning and community participation. While we have been around for over 65 years, we understand the importance of continuing to imagine what’s possible and look to inspire our customers and our people to re-define the possibilities. We are passionate and committed to securing high performing team members who will embrace and drive our purpose and values forward.
About the role:
Endeavour Foundation's service at Gympie is currently seeking a CASUAL Production Lead; (3 days, Tues, Weds,Thurs, approx 45.6 hrs a FN or where required). Our Production Team Lead plays an essential role in supervising and supporting the work of people with a disability.
As a Production Lead, you will take a person centred approach, demonstrating empathy and patience while balancing the need to meet commercial outcomes. Additionally, you will be proactive in regards to safety, have a high attention to detail, leadership skills and excellent time management.
- Permanent full time position
- Supervise supported employees while understanding and developing individual capabilities
- Motivate and encourage supported employees
- Liaise with management to ensure outcomes and deadlines are met
- Oversee product quality
- Engage in the manufacture process ensuring appropriate set up, production and shut down of equipment
- Apply quality controls during the manufacturing process to ensure production and quality are in-line with the customer requirements
- Identify and rectify minor machine/equipment and machine faults, and escalate major faults for repair
- Manufacturing/production background
- Excellent communicator and enthusiastic
- Experience leading a small production team
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- First aid and CPR (desirable)
- Forklift ticket and Medium rigid license required
- An ability to solve problems using a logical and systematic approach
- Mechanical knowledge an advantage
- A genuine commitment to the purpose and values of the organisation, demonstrating an ability to adapt to a changing environment
What we offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging and novated leasing options
- Corporate health insurance plans, and discounts with our corporate partners
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
How you can join #team possible:
Please include a written statement, outlining your suitability (including examples), and why you are interested in this role. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, highlighting your transferable skills and experience including what you'll bring to the role and what you'll get out of it.
Before commencing with Endeavour Foundation you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History check and hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card) and Working with Children Check (Blue card).
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people to be heard and seek justice. Everyone within our community is expected to act in a way that protects and supports the human rights of people with disability - this is our highest priority. Click here for more information.